Flourless Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2/3 cups Rolled Oats (gluten-free If Desired)
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 cup Old-fashioned Peanut Butter (I Used Skippy Creamy)
- 2/3 cups Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1-½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2/3 cups Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In small bowl, mix together the oats and baking soda; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat peanut butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth, about 3 minutes. Mix in dry ingredients with a wooden spoon, then gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Roll cookies into 2-inch dough balls and place onto cookie sheet 2 inches apart, then barely flatten the top of the cookie with your hand. The dough should be pretty sticky so if you find this method annoying, simply use a cookie scoop to drop the cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet. The cookies may not be as round in shape and perhaps a bit thicker, but that’s okay, they will still be delicious.
- Bake cookies for 9-11 minutes and remove when edges barely begin to turn a golden brown. The cookies may look a little underdone, but they will continue to cook once you remove them from the oven. Cool for 2 minutes on the cookie sheet then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining cookie dough.
Makes 16-20 cookies.
1. You can use less sugar or less chocolate chips to save calories—I have tried using 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips and they turned out great!
2. Feel free to substitute almond butter or another nut butter in replace of peanut butter.
3. These cookies disappear quickly so I recommend doubling the recipe!