Valentine’s Day Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 lb. Butter (4 sticks)
- 1 ½ C. Sugar
- 2 C Brown Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- 6 Cups Flour
- ½ tsp. Salt (I used salted butter so I left out the salt)
- 1 ½ tsp. Baking Powder
- Neon Pink Food Dye (Mine was Rose by Wilton)
- 1 Bag of Chocolate Chips
- Valentine’s M&Ms (optional but looks pretty)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar.
- Add the eggs and vanilla–mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl mix the flower, salt, and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the sugar and butter mixture and mix until well
- combined. Add the neon pink food dye until desired color.
- Add the chocolate chips and combine well.
- Roll into balls or use a cookie scoop and place on a silpat or parchment lined
- baking sheet. Press several M&Ms into the top of each cookie–I used three or
- four per cookie.
- Bake at 350 for 15-25 minutes. In my oven 15 minutes was perfect. Time will vary
- with each oven. You don’t want them to be brown when they are done because it
- takes away from the pretty color. You want them to be barely cooked through in
- the middle. This will keep them chewy and soft.