- 2 eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups milk (at room temperature)
- 1 cup flour
- Beat the eggs together until light.
- Beat in the remaining ingredients well.
- Let stand, covered for 1 hour.
- (This is a really important step) Fill muffin tins 1/4 full of oil or drippings and put into a hot oven until the fat is sizzling hot.
- (450*F) Fill each muffin cup half full of batter, Place in a 450*F oven and bake for 20 minutes, gradually lowering the oven temperature every 5 minutes by 25 degrees until puffed, crispy and brown.
Total Time: 1 hr 20 mins