- 1 cup shelled almonds
- 1 cup shelled pistachios
- ⅓ cup candied pineapple, chopped
- ⅓ cup dried apricots, chopped
- ⅓ cup candied cherries (I used dried craisins)
- ⅓ cup dried papaya
- 1 stick (8 Tbsp) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp real vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, room temp
- 3¼ cups all purpose flour
- 2¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
How to Make Biscotti: Preheat Oven to 350˚F.
- Place almonds and pistachios on an un-greased baking sheet and bake at 350˚F for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven to cool to room temp then coarsely chop and transfer to a medium bowl.
- Chop your dried/candied fruit into pieces about the size of raisins. Add dried fruit to the bowl with nuts and stir to combine. This would make one fine trail mix; I tell ya what!
- In the bowl of your electric mixer with whisk attachment, beat together: 1 stick butter, 1 cup sugar, and 2 tsp vanilla on high speed (3 min). Add 3 eggs and beat until well combined (1 min).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 3¼ cups flour, 2¼ tsp baking powder, and ¼ tsp salt. Add to the butter mixture and mix (with the paddle attachment) until combined. Stir in nuts and fruit with a spatula, mixing until dispersed.
- Divide the dough into three equal pieces and shape each piece into a 12″long by 2″ wide by ¾” thick. They can be longer or wider but be sure you stay under 1″ in thickness for even baking. Arrange on a large greased baking sheet, at least 1″ apart. Bake at 350˚F for 25-28 min or until starting to turn golden (they shouldn’t be fully cooked at this point).
- Remove from oven and when cool enough to handle, use a serrated knife to carefully slice each log into individual biscotti about 1″ wide. Add a little more grease to the same baking pan(s), arrange cookies evenly over the top and bake 15-18 min or until golden and firm. Biscotti cookies will harden more as they cool.