Flamin’ Cajun Riblets
- 3 pounds pork loin back ribs
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 cup bottled chili sauce
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and finely chopped (see tip, page 28)
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca, crushed
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 – 2 teaspoons bottled hot pepper sauce
- Snipped fresh parsley (optional)
- Sprinkle ribs with Cajun seasoning; rub in with your fingers. Cut ribs into single rib portions. Place ribs in a 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl combine chili sauce, onion, serrano pepper, tapioca, lemon peel, lemon juice, and hot pepper sauce. Pour sauce over ribs.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Serve immediately or keep covered on warm or low heat setting for up to 2 hours. (Remove any bones without meat.) If desired, sprinkle with parsley.
Prep Time: 20 mins