Chicken Cutlets with Herb Butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 thin chicken cutlets (1 1/2 pounds total)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, cut into pieces
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley or mint (or a combination)
- Place flour in a shallow dish. Season chicken with salt and pepper and dredge in flour. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high. Working in batches, cook chicken until browned, 1 to 3 minutes per side, adding more oil to skillet as needed. Transfer chicken to a plate and tent with foil.
- Add wine and accumulated juices from chicken to skillet and boil until liquid has reduced by half, about 4 minutes. Add chicken and turn to coat. Remove skillet from heat and swirl in butter and herbs. Season with salt and pepper.