Cheese Wonton Recipe
- 1 pkg. wonton wrapper
For Cheese Filling:
- ½ lb imitation crab sticks or lump crab meat
- 1 (8 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese, softened in room temperature
- 3 stalk scallions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Worchester sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce or ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
- Cut the imitation crab sticks in halves. Separate the sticks into fine threads In a large mixing bowl, combine the imitation crab sticks with other cheese filling ingredients. Mix into a lumpy paste.
- Place teaspoonful of cream cheese filling in middle of a wonton skin. Wet the edges of the wonton wrapper with water. Fold the wrapper in half to form a triangle.
- Press all edges to seal. Optionally, brush some water on the left and right angles of the triangle and fold these two corners inward for better presentation.
- Alternatively, fold the two opposing corners without sealing the edges. Bring the other two corners to the center and seal all edges.
- Over medium heat, fry the wontons for 1 – 2 minutes on each side or until golden crispy. Drain the excess oil on a paper towel and serve the wontons warm.
- At restaurants, crab rangoon is served often with sweet plum sauce, duck sauce, and sweet and sour sauce. Feel free to serve it with your favorite sauce or you can just serve it straight up.