- 12 large eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup finely chopped smoked pork
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce
- Garnish: paprika
- Place eggs in a single layer in a large saucepan; add water to a depth of 3 inches. Bring to a boil; cover, remove from heat, and let stand 15 minutes.
- Drain and fill pan with cold water and ice. Tap each egg firmly on the counter until cracks form all over the shell. Peel under cold running water.
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise, and carefully remove yolks. Mash yolks with mayonnaise. Stir in pork and next 4 ingredients; blend well.
- Spoon yolk mixture evenly into egg white halves. Garnish, if desired