Bacon-Cheddar Meat Loaves
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup crushed reduced-fat butter-flavored crackers (about 13 crackers)
- 1/3 cup plus 8 teaspoons shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 turkey bacon strips, cut in half
- In a large bowl, combine the egg whites, crackers, 1/3 cup cheese, onion, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four small loaves; place in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top each with a half-strip of bacon.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.