Wonton Taco Bites Recipe
- Wonton wrappers
- Taco meat
- Shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Green onion
- Sour cream (optional)
For taco meat
- 1 lb of ground beef
- ½ can of refried beans (optional)
- 1 packet of taco seasoning or click here for my homemade taco seasoning recipe!
- 1 tsp lime juice
- First start by thoroughly cooking ground beef until meat is no longer pink. Turn heat to low and prop pan up to drain excess grease to one side. Soak up grease with paper towels.
- Add half of your taco seasoning and about ¼ cup of water. Stir together until taco meat is evenly coated. I add refried beans to our meat to stretch it a little further but it’s entirely optional! Add refried beans and mix together. Add the rest of your taco seasoning, another ¼ cup of water, and a few squirts of lime juice. Stir together and continue to cook on low for 1-2 minutes.
- While you’re waiting for your taco meat to cook, go ahead and prep your vegetables and other toppings.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place a single wonton wrapper in each muffin cup and add a heaping tablespoon of taco meat. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of meat, then place in the oven and cook for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges of wonton wrapper start to brown.
- When taco bites are done baking, top with lettuce, tomatoes, and green onion. Serve with a side of sour cream and enjoy!