- 1 (12 oz.) pkg. penne pasta
- 1/2 (6 oz.) pkg. fresh spinach leaves
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 1 (26.5 oz. ) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 4 oz. (1/2 of an 8 oz. pkg) Neufchatel cheese, cubed
- 2 C. Mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 C. Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook pasta, adding spinach to boiling water for last 1 minute.
Cook and stir chicken and basil in a large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat until chicken is cooked through. Add sauce and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Simmer. Stir in Neufchatel cheese.
Drain pasta and spinach; return to pan. Stir in chicken mixture and 1/2 cup mozzarella. Spoon into a 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Bake 20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake 3 minutes more.
Recipe from: http://all-things-delicious.blogspot.com/2008/12/three-cheese-chicken-penne.html