Strawberry White Chocolate Pie Recipe
- 1 1/2 C graham cracker crumbs
- 5 T butter, melted
- dash salt
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened (1 1/2 packages)
- 2 C powdered sugar
- 1/2 C white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 T orange juice (fresh please)
- 2 C cool whip
- dash of salt
- 1 pound strawberries, sliced
- 3 T white chocolate chips
- Grab some graham crackers (a little more than one package should do it) and toss them into a small food processor (I used my Ninga blender). Grind them into fine crumbs. You need 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs.
- Pour 5 tablespoons melted butter over the top of the crumbs. Add a dash of salt and blend the butter into the crumbs.
- Pour the buttery crumbs into a regular sized pie dish.
- Using a small measuring cup form the crust to the pan, pressing firmly both along the bottom and along the sides.
- Pour 1/2 cup white chocolate chips into a small bowl. Pop it into the microwave and melt the chips for 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each cooking interval. Once the chips have melted, set the bowl aside allowing the chocolate to cool just a bit.
- Into your stand mixer, or large mixing bowl, place 12 ounces softened cream cheese. Beat the cream cheese until its smooth. Add 2 cups powdered sugar and mix until the two are well combined.
- Add 2 cups of cool whip, 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh orange juice, and the melted white chocolate. Add a dash of salt and then mix well, until the ingredients are nicely combined and the mixture is creamy and smooth.
- Carefully spoon the filling over the crust.
- Wash and slice 1 pound of strawberries. Then lay them on top of the filling. It works best if you start along the outside edge and work your way in to the middle.
- Melt 3 more tablespoons of white chocolate in the microwave. Make sure to only heat them for 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each cooking interval.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the top of the berries.
- Pop your beautiful pie into the fridge to chill for 1 hour before serving.