- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 8-ounce packages sliced crimini (baby bella) mushrooms
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons dried Italian seasoning blend
- 1 pound hot Italian sausages, casings removed
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 4 2/3 cups marinara sauce (from two 26-ounce jars)
- 1 9-ounce package no-cook lasagna noodles
- 1 15-ounce container ricotta cheese
- 2 8-ounce bags Italian blend grated cheese (4 cups)
Preheat oven to 400°F. Heat oil in heavy large pot over high heat. Add mushrooms, onion, and seasoning blend; sauté until vegetables begin to soften, about 6 minutes. Add sausage and sautéuntil brown and cooked through, breaking up with back of spoon, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and stir 1 minute. Add wine; cook until almost all liquid evaporates, scraping up browned bits, about 2 minutes. Set aside.
Spread 2/3 cup marinara sauce over bottom of 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Place noodles (about 4) over sauce, forming 1 layer (noodles may overlap slightly). Spread 1 cup sauce over noodles. Top with 1/3 of ricotta, then 1 cup grated cheese. Spoon 1/3 of sausage mixture over. Repeat 2 more times with noodles, sauce, ricotta, grated cheese, and sausage mixture. Cover with 4 more noodles. Spoon remaining 1 cup sauce over; sprinkle remaining 1 cup grated cheese over. Cover with foil, tenting in center to prevent cheese from touching foil. Bake lasagna 45 minutes; remove foil. Bake until bubbling at edges and cheese is browned, about 10 minutes longer. Let stand 15 minutes.