- 1 lb small pork sausage (chopped into small pieces or crumbled)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 10 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 1/4 cups grated cheddar cheese, divided (use about 2 tablespoons for each tortilla, can use more to taste)
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and chopped (use green or red)
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese (or to taste)
- sour cream
Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
In a skillet over medium-high heat cook the sausages with onion, crumbling the meat while cooking, until completely cooked; cool completely.
Place about 1/3 cup of the cooked sausage mixture down the center of each tortilla.
Sprinkle the mixture with about 2 tablespoons shredded cheese (can use more).
Roll up each tortilla and place seam-side down into the casserole dish.
In a bowl whisk together flour with half and half cream, cayenne pepper, seasoned salt and black pepper until well combined.
In a bowl whisk the eggs with flour, cream cayenne pepper and 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt and black pepper.
Add in the green bell pepper, then pour over the top of the tortillas.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour or up to 8 hours or overnight.
Remove from the refrigerator 45 minutes before baking.
When ready to bake set oven to 350 degrees F.
Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes, then uncover and continue to bake for another 10 minutes.
Sprinkle about 1-1/2 cups of shredded cheese on top (can use more or less) return to oven for 2-3 minutes just to melt the cheese.
Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Serve with sour cream and salsa.