Pizza Monkey Bread
Pizza Monkey Bread
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasonings
- 2 cans Pillsbury Grands Homestyle Biscuits
- 2 cups finely chopped pizza toppings (pepperoni, cooked sausage, green peppers, mushrooms, onions….whatever you like!)
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Grease a bundt pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together melted butter, garlic salt and Italian seasonings until combined. Set aside.
- Remove biscuits from the cans. Take a raw biscuit, and cut a slit in the side. Use your fingers (or carefully use a knife) to open up the biscuit to form a
- Carefully tuck a pinch of cheese into the pocket of the biscuit, then add in a teaspoon or so or marinara sauce, then add in some pinches of your pizza toppings, top with a final pinch of cheese, then use your fingers to pinch together the dough to seal in the pocket. Be sure that it is well-sealed.
- Dunk the pocket in the butter mixture on both sides, then place in the bundt pan with the seam side up.
- Repeat with remaining biscuits until they are all filled and placed in the bundt pan side by side.
- Pour any remaining butter mixture over the top of the biscuits in the bundt pan, then bake for 30 minutes until the dough is cooked and lightly browned. Remove and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Carefully turn the bundt pan on top of a plate and give it a slight jiggle to release the monkey bread. Then remove the pan and serve the monkey bread with a side of extra marinara sauce for dipping.
Hello, Just wanted to let you know that I made this Pizza Monkey Bread for my Husband and kids tonight and they LOVED it. I actually had to make it twice!!! It was a huge hit 🙂 Thank you so much for this.
It was kinda trial/error trying to get the biscuits and ingredients to do what I wanted them to do, but by the time i got to the 2nd can, I was good…
I will definitely be back to try other dishes from this site. Thanks so much for this! Awesome idea!!
This would also bee good to make pockets with crescent rolls. Stuffed inside two triangles would make a meal for kids.