Chili Pasta Bake Recipe
- ½ Tablespoons Canola Or Vegetable Oil
- 1 whole Onion, Chopped
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 dash Salt
- 1 dash Black Pepper
- ½ pounds Pasta (I Used Small Shells)
- 15 ounces, fluid Tomato Sauce
- 14-½ ounces, weight Canned Diced Tomatoes And Green Chilies
- 15 ounces, weight Canned Kidney Or Black Beans, Rinsed
- 1-½ Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoons Cumin
- 3 dashes Cayenne Powder
- ¼ cups Water
- 2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- ½ cups Sour Cream, For Topping
- 4 Tablespoons Green Onions, Chopped
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees.
- Drizzle the oil in a large skillet on medium high heat. Add the onions and sauté for about 3 minutes. Add the ground beef and season with salt and pepper. Cook until no longer pink.
- While the ground beef is cooking, cook your pasta to firm al dente. Once cooked, drain and set aside for now.
- After the ground beef is cooked, add the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and green chiles, beans chili powder, cumin, cayenne and water. Give it a stir and let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, stir in the cooked pasta. Stir to combine.
- Pour the chili pasta mixture into a 9×13 pan. Flatten out with a spatula and sprinkle with cheese. Place in the oven for 30 minutes or until the edges are bubbling and the cheese has fully melted.
- Spoon into serving dishes and top with sour cream and green onions.