- 12 ounces frozen shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 1 red onion, quatered
- 1 red bell pepper, de-seeded and chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, de-seeded and chopped
- 1 zucchini, sliced thickly
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 4 1/2 fluid ounces cream
- 4 ounces gruyere or 4 ounces mature cheddar cheese, grated
Preheat oven 200°C/400°F/Gas6.
Rollout the pastry and line a deep 10 inch/25 cm flan tin.
Line with baking paper and baking beans and blind bake for 10 minutes.
Remove paper and beans and return to bake for another 5 minutes.
Place all the vegetables on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil.
Roast in the oven for about 25-30 minutes until slightly charred.
Set aside and cool slightly, seperate the onion layers.
Reduce the oven temperature to 180°C/350°F/Gas4.
In a bowl whisk the eggs with the milk, stir in the cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste (you can also mix in a few of your favourite herbs).
Spread the vegetables over the bottom of the pastry case and pour the egg mixture over.
Bake for approx 30-35 minutes.
Can be served hot or cold.