Roasted and Stuffed Baby Eggplants
12 baby eggplants
4 ounces goat cheese, slightly softened
2 tablespoons minced sundried tomatoes
1 garlic clove, minced
1 thyme sprig, minced
salt and pepper to taste
drizzle of (fruity) extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Score the bottoms of each eggplant with an “X”, about halfway through. Set aside.
3. Place the goat cheese, sundried tomatoes, garlic, and thyme into a small bowl and mix together. Place filling into a piping bag or re-sealable plastic bag and cut the tip.
4. Push the tip into the “butt” of each eggplant and fill.
5. Place stuffed eggplants onto a baking sheet and drizzle with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Roast eggplants for about 20 minutes or until flesh has softened.
7. Allow to cool for 5 minutes. Serve. *These go great with a side of simple marinara!