Homemade Chicken Taquitos
It’s hard to put amounts on ingredients that should be added “to taste” or “to consistency” that you like, but here’s a rough guide.
- rotisserie chicken -fully cooked and seasoned.
- 2/3 – 1 cup of jarred or fresh salsa
- 1 cup shredded “Mexican blend” cheese
- 1/3 cup sweet white and yellow corn niblets
- 1/3 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- large pinch of chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 pack of egg roll wrappers
*I’m thinking that a little chopped baby spinach would be good in here, too. So much nutrition… but that would totally depend on whom you are making them for.
Remove the chicken from the rotisserie chicken, and chop into small bite-sized pieces.
Mix the next seven ingredients into the chicken and mix well.
Add a few spoonfuls of the chicken mixture to an egg roll wrapper. Fold in the sides first, then roll. Wet the far end with water so it will stick to itself.
Spray a cookie sheet with butter flavored nonstick spray and arrange the taquitos. Spray the tops of them with the butter flavored spray and sprinkle with black pepper and extra cumin.
Bake at 375 degrees F for about 25 minutes or until golden brown. It would be nice to turn them onto their sides if you can remember. Serve with condiments of choice. I had light sour cream, salsa, and a spicy ranch for dipping.