Chorizo Stuffed Jalapeno Popper
- 12-16 jalapeno peppers
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 link Spanish or Portuguese chorizo, diced finely
- 1 small onion, minced
- ½ cup cream cheese
- ½ cup grates monterey jack cheese
- Cut the tops off the jalapeno poppers and core them removing all the seeds.as shown in the above pictures.
- Saute the butter, onion and chorizo until the onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Cool completely.
- Make the filling by mixing the cream cheese, monterey jack cheese, and chorizo mixture.
- Fill the peppers with the filling and place a popper tray/holder.
- Oven instructions: Bake in a 350F oven for 15-20 minutes or until the peppers soften.
- Grill instructions: Set the grill to medium heat (around 350F – 400F) and close the lid. Grill for 12-15 minutes or until the peppers soften.