- 3-1/8 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 package (0.25 ounces) instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons warm water (120-130 degrees F)
- 6 Tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3-1/2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg + 1 Tablespoon skim milk (for egg wash)
- Stir together flour, sugar, yeast, salt, cinnamon, and ginger in a mixing bowl. In a small separate bowl, stir together pumpkin, egg, and oil.
- Using an electric mixer with dough hooks, combine water and dry ingredients. Add pumpkin mixture and mix until well-combined. Dough will be moist.
- Roll dough out onto a lightly-floured surface. Knead it for several minutes, gradually adding more flour to the moist dough. Transfer to a lightly-oiled bowl and let rise, covered, for an hour.
- Punch out air from dough. Roll dough ball out onto lightly-floured surface. Shape it into a thick disc. With scissors, cut off somewhere between 1/3 to 1/2 of the dough circle. As if slicing a pie, cut the half-sphere in half. As if slicing a pie again, divide these two pieces in half as well. Shape two pieces into “wings” and two pieces into “legs.”
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Shape the remaining dough into a “body” and place onto sheet. Add on the “wings” and the “legs,” firmly pinching to seal. Let rise for an additional 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare egg wash with egg and milk. With a pastry brush, brush egg wash on the bread.
- Bake for roughly 30-35 minutes. If turkey is browning too much, tent with aluminum foil.