For the Brownie Batter
- 12 oz. chocolate chips
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 whole eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup cake flour
For the Mascarpone Topping
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 package soft ladyfingers
- 1 cup Barista Prima Coffeehouse Italian Roast coffee, brewed
- In a large bowl, melt the chocolate. Stir until smooth and leave it to cool. Heat the oven to 350°F. Line a 13″ x 9″ baking pan with parchment paper. Add chocolate to a mixing bowl with the paddle attachment on. Beat in the butter followed by 1 cup of sugar and the 4 eggs and 4 egg whites. Add the flour and mix on low speed until just combined. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan minus 1 cup of the brownie batter. Lay the ladyfingers upside down on top of the batter, and push down slightly. Brew 1 Barista Prima Coffeehouse Italian Roast K-Cup pack. Using a pastry brush, carefully brush the Barista Prima Coffeehouse coffee over the ladyfingers until they are saturated.
- In another bowl, combine the mascarpone cheese, cream cheese, and 1/4 cup of sugar, 4 egg whites and vanilla extract. Spread topping over ladyfingers over ladyfingers. Place spoonful of brownie batter on top of the creamy filling and swirl it lightly with a toothpick or knife.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until center is almost set and brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in the pan before slicing it.