Pomegranate Mint Steak Recipe
- 2 steaks (we chose ones that were a slightly leaner option – top sirloin)
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- large handful of fresh mint, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- In a quart- or gallon-size ziplock bag, combine the marinade ingredients: pomegranate juice, minced mint, minced garlic, and a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Trim any visible pieces of fat (if applicable) and place the steaks in the bag of marinade. Let marinate as long as you want – we did ours for about six hours, and the flavor was fantastic.
- You could prep the marinade ahead of time and even marinate overnight, too. Store in the fridge while marinating.
- When you’re getting ready to cook, take the steak out of the fridge and leave it at room temperature for around 20-30 minutes. This isn’t mandatory, but if your steak isn’t cold when you begin cooking it, it will cook more evenly.
- To cook: use your favorite method and cook to your favorite doneness. We cooked ours on a skillet over medium heat until they were medium done. You can also sear the steaks on a very hot skillet on both sides, then finish in the oven.