Peanut Butter-Fudge Cups Recipe
- 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Cooking spray
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- To prepare crust, place first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Lightly spoon 1 cup flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Add flour and salt to peanut butter mixture; cut in flour with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Sprinkle surface with cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time; toss with a fork until combined.
- Shape mixture into 24 balls, using 1 tablespoon of the mixture for each. Place 1 ball in each of 24 miniature muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Press dough into bottoms and up sides of muffin cups.
- To prepare filling, combine 2/3 cup brown sugar and the next 4 ingredients (2/3 cup brown sugar through milk) in a small saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until smooth, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Beat egg is a small bowl. Add a teaspoon of the hot mixture to the egg to temper. Whisk in 2 tablespoons flour and egg until into the chocolate mixture until well blended. Divide chocolate mixture evenly among muffin cups using a 1 tablespoon measuring spoon.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until the pastry is lightly browned; cool in pan on a wire rack 5 minutes.
- Run a knife around outside edges of cups. Remove cups from pan; cool completely on wire rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.