Parmesan Garlic Straws
1/2 recipe for basic pizza dough
1/2 cup parmesan, grated
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, minced
1/4 cup (1/2stick) sweet cream butter, melted
black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface, until ¼ inch thick and into a 12” x 9” rectangle.
3. Place parmesan, garlic and parsley into a small bowl and toss together. Set aside.
4. Brush entire surface of dough with generous amount of melted butter.
5. Sprinkle parmesan mixture over half the dough, season with pepper and fold the other half over and gently press together.
6. Cut 1” thick strips from the stuffed dough and twist each straw before setting onto a baking sheet lined with parchment.
7. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until straws have puffed up and are golden brown.
8. Allow straws to cool for 5 minutes and serve warm.