No Bake Energy Bites Recipe
- 3/4 cup nut butter (peanut, almond, sunflower)
- 1 cup rolled oats, old-fashioned or quick
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup dried whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
mix-ins (use 2 cups total)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds or poppy seeds
- unsweetened coconut, toasted or untoasted
- mini chocolate chips
- diced dried fruits (our Favorite Fruit Blend is excellent here)
- ground nuts
- wheat or oat bran
- crushed cookies or graham cracker crumbs
- sunflower or pumpkin seeds
- In a large bowl mix together the nut butter, oats, honey, dry milk and vanilla.
- Using 2 cups total as your guideline, add in your mix-ins. If you are using chia seeds or poppy seeds, use only about 1 tablespoon as part of your mix-ins. Chia seeds especially can cause gastric distress if consumed in too large a quantity.
- Use your hands to blend and mix together all the ingredients. If the mixture is a bit dry, you can add more honey; add more oats if the mixture is a bit too sticky. This “recipe” is very flexible; consider it simply a starting point.
- Using your hands, two spoons or a tablespoon cookie scoop, portion the dough out to the size of ping-pong balls. Place on a parchment-lined sheet pan to rest and firm up for about 20 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. These are great for breakfast with a glass of milk or juice.
Yield: Approximately 2 dozen bites.