Maple-Glazed Acorn Squash
- 2 acorn squash
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 475°F. Halve squash through stem, seed, and cut each half into 4 wedges. Toss squash, oil, sugar, salt, and pepper in large bowl. Arrange squash cut side down in single layer on rimmed baking sheet. Bake until bottoms of squash are deep golden brown, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring syrup to boil in small saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Off heat, whisk in butter and cayenne until smooth. Cover and keep warm.
- When bottoms of squash are deep golden, remove from oven. Flip and brush with 6 tablespoons glaze. Bake, rotating baking sheet, until squash is tender and deep golden all over, about 15 minutes. Flip and brush with remaining glaze. Serve.