- 12 large eggs (may substitute Egg Beaters or use all egg whites, if desired)
- 12 100% whole grain English muffins
- 12 slices Canadian bacon or cooked turkey sausage patties
- 12 slices low calorie cheese (ultra-thin regular cheese or low-fat cheese; look for 45 calories or less per slice)
- black pepper, freshly ground
BAKE THE EGGS. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray jumbo muffin tins, 7 to 8 oz. ramekins, muffin top pan, or whoopie pan with cooking spray. Add an egg to each one (or equivalent amount of Egg Beaters or egg white). Sprinkle with black pepper, if desired. Bake for 10-25 minutes until set and completely cooked. (The time will vary depending on the type of pan you are using, so keep a close watch.)
ASSEMBLE MUFFINS. Split open muffins; on each one, stack a slice of cheese, a Canadian bacon slice or sausage patty, and a baked egg.
WRAP & FREEZE MUFFINS. For microwave reheating, wrap each muffin in parchment or wax paper. For oven reheating, wrap each muffin in aluminum foil. Place wrapped muffins in plastic freezer bag and freeze.
REHEAT IN MICROWAVE. If thawed, 40-60 seconds at full power. If frozen, 3 minutes at half power, turning over after each minute.
REHEAT IN OVEN. In 350 degree oven, place on baking sheet and heat for 15 to 20 minutes if thawed; 30-40 minutes if frozen.