- 2 dozen pitted green olives
- 2 ounces blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup plain, dried breadcrumbs
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- Soak olives in cold water for 15 minutes to reduce brininess. Drain, and pat dry. Stuff each with blue cheese.
- Put flour, egg, and breadcrumbs in 3 bowls. Dredge olives in flour, dip in egg, then dredge in breadcrumbs. Refrigerate until ready to fry.
- Heat vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium until hot but not smoking. Working in batches, fry olives until golden, about 1 1/2 minutes. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate using a slotted spoon. Serve warm.