Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings Recipe
- 4 frozen chicken breasts
- mirepoix style blend vegetables
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can biscuits
- italian style seasoning
- garlic powder
- Put the frozen chicken breasts in the bottom of the crock pot and season to your liking- I never measure, I just sprinkle it until it looks like enough.
- Then dump the veggies on top. Usually I just cut up an onion and put it in there, but I was trying to sneak in some more veggies, and they mostly melt down into the sauce anyway.
- Then dump the cans of soup on top of that. Originally I just used 2 cans of cream of chicken, but I like the variety and other flavors that the cream of mushroom brings.
- Mix it up, and go ahead and add a little more pepper and other seasonings if you’d like.
- Then I fill up one of the soup cans about 1 1/2 times with water and dump it in. You can also use chicken broth, but I’ve found that the water works just fine.
- Then, mix it up a little more and close the lid up and cook on high for about 6 hours. Make sure it’s on HIGH, because the chicken is frozen- and you want it to be cooked thoroughly.
- Next, I take 2 forks and shred the chicken. I used to remove the chicken to shred it, but I’ve found that it’s just as easy to shred in the pot.
- Shred it into little pieces and give it a stir.
- Now, here’s where the biscuit dough comes in. You take the biscuits and one at a time, cut them into bite size pieces. I usually cut them into 1/4ths.
- Then, just drop them separately into the pot.
- I also go ahead and push them down into the sauce a little bit- gently.
- Then, cover and cook about another 2 hours…I usually stir it half way through, to make sure the dumplings aren’t sticking together.
- Then, when it’s done, serve it up. I like to serve it with mashed potatoes.It’s also good with corn or green beans.