Cinnamon Apple Cookie Swirls Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 3 eggs
- 4 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 apples, chopped fine
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup cinnamon red hot candies
- Mix separately apples, sugar, and cinnamon candies. This takes about 2 – 2 1/2 hours of simmering on the stove top OR you can put this in your crock pot on low for the same amount of time. You do not want any floating liquid. Simmer until very thick. Cool.
- Cream shortening. Add sugars gradually and blend until smooth. Add egg, flour,baking soda, salt and vanilla.
- Roll out to 1/4-1/2 inch thick. Spread apple filling on dough. Roll up dough with filling like jelly roll.
- Chill for several hours. Slice thinly. Place on greased baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 8-10 minutes.
Yield 5-6 dozen cookies