Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins
Yield: Approximately 9 regular muffins (with huge muffin tops!)
- 1 cup (120 g) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tablespoon (25 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (100 g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Splenda (or other sugar substitute, or sugar)
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup (100 g) dark chocolate peanut butter
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup light chocolate soymilk
- 3 Tablespoons (46 g) egg white
- 1 Tablespoon (14 g) vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease or line 9 molds in muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, sugar, sugar substitute, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, stir together peanut butter, milks, egg white, oil, and vanilla. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until incorporated.
- Divide batter amongst 9 prepared muffin molds (which should be nearly full). Bake for about 18 minutes, or until done.