- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- Pinch salt
Combine all ingredients, chill until ready to serve
Beer Battered Asparagus
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lemon zested (use microplaner)
- 1 cup beer
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed (make sure to wash well!!)
- Vegetable oil, for frying
Now this would have been a WHOLE lot easier if I had a deep fryer but you can do it in a deep skillet with an inch or two of oil.
Make sure to heat the oil to 375 degrees. (Since I didn’t have a thermometer, I turned the flame on high and waited about 5-7 minutes. You will see the oil start to ripple)
Whisk together the flour, salt, pepper and lemon zest, until thoroughly combined. Then whisk in the beer.
Dip asparagus into the batter. Make sure to get rid of the excess batter.
Fry until golden brown. Line a cookie sheet with paper towels and put in the oven at 200 degrees to keep warm.