Baked or Fried Mozzarella Sticks
- 12 Wonton or Egg-Roll Wraps, at room temperature
- 12 Light or Fat-free Mozzarella String Cheese
- Marinara Sauce (Low-Sodium) for Dipping
- Small bowl with water, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Take one of your room-temperature wraps (less likely to break and ooze cheese all over if room-temp and slightly wet) and lay on flat surface in front of you, like a diamond. Put cheese stick in middle, corner to corner (or slightly below).
- Take the bottom corner and fold it up over the cheese stick and stick to other side of wrap tightly. You can add a few drops of the water here to make the wrap stick better.
- Carefully (here is the part where the wrap can break), fold over the right and left corners of the wrap onto the cheese stick to completely cover the cheese.
- Roll up the wrap.
- Bake at 400 for 10-12 minutes, turning once, until golden brown.
- Alternatively, you can make this on the stovetop.
- Wrap cheese as described above.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil in a skillet over medium-low heat.
- Working in batches, add in half of the cheese sticks. Roll/stir sticks around for about 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown, and remove from heat.
Serve with Marinara (seasoned with oregano/basil/garlic for more flavor) and Enjoy!