- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Asian chile paste such as sambal oelek
- 1 1/4 pounds ground beef chuck
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- 4 pineapple rings
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup drained sliced pickled beets
- Combine ketchup, mayonnaise, and chile paste.
- Mix beef with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper, then form into 4 (4 1/4-inch-diameter) patties.
- Lightly toast rolls on grill.
- Pat pineapple dry and brush with 1/2 tablespoon oil.
- Oil grill rack, then grill pineapple and burgers, covered only if using a gas grill, turning once, until pineapple is tender and caramelized and burgers are medium-rare, about 4 minutes total.
- Heat remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot, then fry eggs.
- Spread chile mayonnaise on rolls, then assemble burgers with pineapple, beets, eggs, lettuce, and tomato.
Rolls, pineapple, and burgers can be cooked in a hot oiled large (2-burner) ridged grill pan over medium-high heat.