- 2 cups flour (450 g)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder (15 g)
- 1 teaspoon salt (5 g)
- 6 tablespoons vegan margarine (90 g, I use Earth Balance)
- 3/4 cup soymilk (0.2 liter)
- 2 tablespoons melted margarine (30 g)
- 1/4 cup sucanat (60 g)
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon (15 g)
- 1 teaspoon margarine, softened (15 g)
- 1 cup vegan powdered sugar (225 g)
Mix dry ingredients first, then cut in margarine.
Mix in soy milk until dough is soft (you may need slightly more or less to get the dough to a workable consistency). Do not over mix!
Roll dough to 0.25 inch thickness (0.5 cm) in a long rectangle — about 8 inch by 16 inch (16cm x 32 cm). Using a pastry brush, coat the rectangle of dough with the melted margarine. Then spread the Sucanat and cinnamon over it.
Roll from the long end, forming a tight roll. Cut rolls about 1 inch (2 cm) thick. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake at 450 degrees for 15 mins or until golden.
While rolls are baking, make icing by mixing margarine and powdered sugar. Slowly add soy milk to reach desired consistency. spread on rolls while they are still warm.