Jalapeno Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 6 chicken breast halves, defrosted and fat trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8-oz. package cream cheese
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside. In each of the chicken breasts, cut a slit horizontally without going all the way through to the other side.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add jalapenos and garlic and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes. Add cream cheese to the skillet and stir until cheese is melted. Add cheddar cheese and stir until melted.
- Divide the mixture between the 6 breasts and spoon into openings. Seal the ends and secure with toothpicks. Place the chicken in the prepared baking dish and bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove toothpicks and serve warm.