Chocolate Glazed Cheesecake
- 1 package (9 ounces) chocolate wafer cookies, crushed
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (two 8 ounces each and one 3 ounce) cream cheese, softened, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1-1/3 cups sour cream, divided
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chopped pecans, optional
- Place an ungreased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Wrap foil around pan. Combine cookie crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of prepared pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat one 8-oz. package cream cheese and 1/4 cup sugar until fluffy. Add 1 egg and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla; blend well. Stir in chocolate and 1/3 cup sour cream. Spoon over crust.
- In another bowl, beat second 8-oz. package of cream cheese, brown sugar and flour until fluffy. Add 1 egg and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla; blend well. Stir in pecans. Spoon carefully over chocolate layer.
- In another bowl, beat remaining cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Blend in remaining egg. Stir in remaining sour cream and vanilla. Add almond extract. Spoon carefully over pecan layer.
- Bake at 325° for 55 minutes or until center is almost set. Turn off oven and leave cheesecake inside for 30 minutes; open door partway and leave in oven another 30 minutes. Remove from oven; cool completely. Refrigerate at least 8 hours.
- For glaze, melt chocolate and butter. Stir in the confectioners’ sugar, water and vanilla until smooth. Remove cheesecake from pan and spread warm glaze over top. Garnish with pecans if desired. Yield: 12 servings.