- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 1 head romaine lettuce, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 can sliced black olives, drained
- 1½ cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 bag of corn chips
- sour cream (optional)
- pickled jalapenos (optional)
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet. Drain the grease and then stir the chili powder, salt and hot sauce in with the beef. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- In a large salad bowl, add the romaine lettuce, tomatoes, beans, olives, cheese and ground beef. Toss until well mixed. (If desired, the salad can be placed in the fridge at this point for a couple of hours until serving time).
- Crunch the corn chips they are well broken, but not as fine as a powder. Mix in with the salad.
- Serve immediately so the corn chips stay crispy.