- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 lb spinach, fresh or frozen, defrosted
- 1 – 15 oz can diced Italian tomatoes (with oregano and basil)
- 1 lb package orzo pasta
- 2 quarts chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 quarts water
- olive oil
1. Preheat a large soup. Drizzle with olive oil. Add onions and saute until tender. Add garlic and saute for 2 – 3 minutes. Add canned tomatoes, spinach, chicken or vegetable stock and water. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium.
2. Add orzo cook for 12 – 15 minutes, or until orzo is tender.