Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chippies
- 2 1/4 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter (softened) or 1 cup margarine (softened)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding (I use instant pudding mix)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1 cup nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Mix flour with baking soda in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, sugars and pudding mix.
- Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla; gradually add flour mixture.
- Stir in chips and nuts.
- Roll into balls and flatten slightly or drop by teaspoon full on a non greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes.
Note: You may use instant chocolate pudding instead of vanilla pudding for a chocolate chocolate chip cookie.