Sinless Molten Chocolate Lava Cakes
Yield: 2 cakes
- 2 Tablespoons (28 g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 Tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 large egg
- 4 teaspoons Stevia (or sugar)
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Confectioner’s sugar for dusting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Generously coat two 6-ounce ramekins with cooking spray or butter.
- Place chocolate chips in a small microwaveable bowl. Microwave at 70% power for 1 minute and stir. Microwave at 70% power for 20 second intervals, stirring in between, until the chocolate is entirely melted.
- Add applesauce to melted chocolate and stir.
- With an electric mixer, beat together the egg, sugar, and vanilla on medium speed until well-blended. Add flour and chocolate mixture, mixing just until incorporated.
- Divide batter between ramekins.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes, or until the outer edges of each cake is set. The center should tremble slightly when the ramekin is moved. Watch them carefully while baking!
- Remove from oven. Run a knife around the edges of each cake, place a plate upside down on each ramekin, and flip. Tap the bottom of the ramekin.
- Dust with confectioner’s sugar and/or garnish with small scoops of ice cream or whipped cream, if desired. Serve immediately.
Note: Even their title screams ”healthified.” If looking for a richer flavor, replace the applesauce with an equal amount of butter and/or add up to twice as much chocolate to taste.