Pot Roast Recipe
- 1 2-3 lb. Beef Chuck Roast
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 lb. Beef Cross-cut Marrow Bones
- 2 stalks Celery, diced
- 1 medium Onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups Baby Carrots
- 2 cups Small Red Potatoes (optional)
- 2 cups Whole Mushrooms
- 1 can Tomato Paste
- 2 cups Beef Broth or Stock
- Herbs& Spices to taste (I used Basil, Oregano, Minced Garlic and Paprika)
- Melt coconut oil in a large skillet. Season both sides of the roast with salt and pepper and sear on both sides until golden brown.
- Place marrow bones, celery and onion into the bottom of the crock pot. Add the seared roast.
- Add the carrots, potatoes and mushrooms to the crock pot.
- In a large measuring cup, combine the tomato paste, beef broth, herbs and spices. Stir until the tomato paste is dissolved.
- Pour the tomato paste mixture over the vegetables.
- Place the lid on the crockpot and cook on Low for 8 hours. The roast should fall apart easily with a fork.