Pizza Stuffed Pretzel Rolls Recipe
- 1 batch Pizza dough
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 2 oz peperoni, chopped
- 1/2 cup cheese (mozzarella, cheddar, whatever you want)
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 2 tbs sugar
- 3 tbs melted butter
- course salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Start by placing the hunk of dough on a lightly floured surface.
- Shape the dough into a long log. Cut into two equal halves, then cut each half in half (giving you four equal logs)
- Then cut each log in half the other way
- Now you have 8 pieces! Cut each piece in half and you are finally done with the cutting and you have 16 dough pieces ready to be filled.
- Roll each dough piece on a lightly floured surface with a rolling pin. Top with about 1 to 2 tbs sauce, 2 tbs cheese and 1 tbs pepperoni.
- Wet the edges of the dough (the best way to do this is to place a small bowl of water near you and wet your fingertips) and pinch the edges tightly together.
- Place on a baking sheet, covered with a Silpat.
- Fill a large pot with water, making sure you have enough room for it to bubble up, but deep enough for the rolls to fit in. Add the 2 tbs sugar and allow to boil, add the baking soda (there will be lots of bubbling), add the buns (about 4 at a time) and allow to boil for about 30 seconds, remove with a large slotted spoon and return to baking sheet.
- Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes or until a dark golden brown.
Note: if you want to freeze these, allow to cool, place in a freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 weeks. To re-heat, bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until cooked though.