Pan Fried Chicken with Cauliflower in a Mustard Lemon Sauce
- 8 chicken breast minute steaks, 3 ½ oz each
- 1 cauliflower, about 1 ¾ lbs, trimmed
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain or Dijon mustard
- 3 oz unsalted butter, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon cut into 6 wedges
Preheat the oven to 390 degrees F.
Cut the cauliflower into inch thick slices and overlap it in a small baking dish. Pour over ½ cup water, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with oil.
Roast for 20 minutes or until golden.
Heat a large, lightly oiled skillet over a medium high heat and pan fry the chicken for 2 minutes per side or until cooked through, in 2 batches.
Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
Melt the butter in a small pan over a medium low heat. Add the garlic. Whisk in the juice from 2 of the lemon wedges, the almonds, mustard and 2 tablespoons of hot water.
Bring to a simmer then season to taste and remove from the heat.
Divide the chicken and cauliflower between the plates, top with the sauce and decorate with parsley and lemon wedges.
Recipe from: squidoo.com