- 8 ounces mini pretzels (enough to spread out onto a large baking sheet)
- 1 C butter
- 1 C brown sugar, packed
- 2 C semi sweet chocolate chips
- sea salt (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Grab a large cookie sheet (mine is 11×17) and line it with tin foil.
- Spread 8 ounces of pretzels over the top of the foil.
- Break the pretzels into chunks. You can leave them whole if you like as well.
- Toss 1 cup butter and 1 cup packed brown sugar into a medium-sized sauce pan. Bring it to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally to make sure everything is blending together nicely.
- Once you have a rolling boil going, keep the heat at medium and stop stirring. Let it bubble away for 3 minutes.
- Immediately pour the hot candy over the top of the pretzels.
- If you have a few gaps that’s ok. The candy will fuse itself together when you bake it.
- Pop it into the oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- Take the pan out of the oven to cool.
- Immediately sprinkle 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips over the top of the hot candy.
- Allow the chocolate to sit for about 5 minutes while it soaks up the heat from the candy, then spread the melted chocolate out over the top of the bark.
- If you like sea salt, go ahead and sprinkle some along the top of the melted chocolate.
- Allow the candy to set up. You can pop it into the fridge to speed up the process if you so choose.
- Cut into chunks and enjoy!
Store leftovers in an airtight container.
Time: 20 min. + time to cool and set
Yield: 1 large cookie sheet full