- 1 1/4 cup Warm Water 95 degrees
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 1 envelope Active Dry Yeast ( 1/4 ounce)
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Butter, Melted
- 5 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese, Grated
- 2 teaspoons Oregano, Dried
- 2 teaspoons Rosemary, Fresh
- 1/4 teaspoon Thyme, Dried
- In a large bowl fitted with a dough hook mix warm water, honey and yeast. Allow to sit for 5 minutes until yeast is bubbly and active. Add flour and sea salt and mix until smooth and elastic on medium. Alternately you can mix everything by hand in a large bowl and knead until smooth and elastic.
- Cover dough and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- On a floured surface divide dough into four. Divide each fourth into six. Roll each section of dough into a 6-8 inch long rope. The shorter the rope the thicker and chewier the breadsticks, the longer the rope the thinner and crunchier.
- In a food processor add parmesan cheese, oregano, rosemary and thyme. Pulse until mixture is crumbly and resembles bread crumbs. Place in a large dish.
- Mix butter, fresh and powdered garlic in a large dish.
- Dip breadstick dough into butter and then into cheese mixture.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet about 3 inches apart.
- At this point breadsticks can be covered and refrigerated for up to a day until ready to use or cooked immediately.
- Bake in a 400 degree preheated oven for 15-18 minutes or until cheese’s is brown and the inside is cooked through.
- Remove from the cookie sheet immediately.
Prep time: 40 minutes
Cook time: 15-18 minutes
Yield: 24 breadsticks