- 1 box of pie crusts, at room temperature (I let mine sit out for 15 minutes prior to using them)
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup AP flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 and 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 lb cooked, shredded chicken (you may bake at 350 for 40 minutes and shred it in kitchenaid mixer, also sprinkle it with Lawry’s seasoned salt)
- 1 small bag frozen, mixed veggies, thawed (around 2.5 cups)
1. Preheat oven to 425. Spray glass pie dish with cooking spray. Place bottom crust in greased dish.
2. In saucepan over medium, melt butter. Add onion and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring often.
3. Add sat, pepper, and flour. Gradually add milk and broth. Continue to cook and stir until it is bubbly (you may increase the heat to medium-high to achieve the bubbles as needed)
4. Stir in shredded chicken and thawed mixed vegetables. Continue stirring until the sauce is thickened. Remove from heat.
5. Pour into bottom pie crust. Top with second crust and seal the edges. Cut slits into top crust to permit airflow.
6. Bake 30-40 minutes (if your edges begin to brown too much, cover pie crust edges with tin foil after 15 minutes of cooking).
7. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.