Brown Butter Banana Dessert Recipe
- 3 whole Bananas
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 ½ cup Vanilla Ice Cream
- ¼ cup Slivered Almonds
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 2 tablespoons Chocolate Sauce
- Peel the bananas. Heat a skillet on medium heat. Add the butter and stir until it becomes a very light golden color. Then add the brown sugar and stir. Next add the whole bananas and let them get a golden color on one side before turning them over. While the bananas are cooking, gently slide them in the pan so the side that is cooking gets coated with the brown sugar and butter mixture.
- When the side that is face down is caramelized, gently turn it over with a pair of tongs and repeat the same process. When the bananas are caramelized (about 3 or 4 minutes), gently remove the bananas from the pan and put them on to the serving dish. Cut each banana on a diagonal into 3 pieces. Set aside for just a moment while toasting the almonds.
- Turn off the heat, and remove any excess brown sugar and butter mixture by carefully wiping the pan with a paper towel. Then put the pan back on the heat and add the slivered almonds. Continuously stir until the almonds turn a golden color (about 2 to 3 minutes) and set aside.
- Top the bananas with the ice cream. Next, drizzle the honey and chocolate sauce over the ice cream. Top with the toasted almonds. Serve on a plate, in a bowl, or in a decorative glass.