Chocolate Marshmallow Wontons Recipe
- ½ stick of unsalted butter
- 1-1/2 cups of mini marshmallows
- 1-1/2 cups of mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 egg, beaten
- 30 wonton wrappers
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Melt the butter in a pot over medium-low heat. Add the marshmallows and stir constantly until the marshmallows have melted. Add the cream next. Pour the mixture over the chocolate chips. The mixture should be hot enough to melt the chocolate. Using a whisk, stir everything together until the chocolate has melted and everything is well mixed. You should get a creamy and thick chocolate mixture. Pop the mixture into the fridge for about 20 minutes to chill and thicken a little more.
- Mix the hot marshmallow mixture with the chocolate chips until you get a thick creamy filling
- To prepare the wontons, place a teaspoon of chocolate filling in the center of the wrapper. Brush the edges of the wrapper with the egg mixture and fold over to form a triangle. Brush the bottom corners with more egg and fold in to create the shape of an envelope. Repeat until all wontons have been made.
- Fill wontons with about a teaspoon of chocolate filling.
- Pour about ½ inch of vegetable oil into a frying pan and heat to about 300 degrees. Gently slide the wontons into the pan and fry over medium heat until golden brown on both sides. Remove and drain on a wire rack or paper towels. Sprinkle with sugar and serve hot alongside your favorite ice cream.